Homework will be posted here weekly
For September 27:
Keep working on your project! Here is a short checklist for you. Remember, experiments rarely go exactly as you plan and thing need to be adjusted frequently, so do not procrastinate! And perhaps even more importantly: Write down everything! Write down everything! Write down EVERYTHING!
Checklist for beginning your experiment:
- Write down your plan or method.
- Gather your supplies and write down everything you can about them.
- Perform the experiment and write down everything.
- Record data as accurately as you can in your notebook.
Math Problems for the Week:
- Level E: At a school supply sale, 3 pencils and 2 markers were sold in the first hour for a total of $1.30. In the second hour 2 pencils and 3 markers were sold for a total of $1.20. What is the cost of a pencil? a marker?
- Level M: If you increase the side of a cube by ten percent, what percent do you increase the volume?
- And the just for fun math videos for the week:
- Spet. 6: Background / Hypothesis / Variables / Method
- Sept. 13: Background / Hypothesis / Variables / Method
- Sept. 20: Experiment
- Sept 27: Experiment
- Oct.4: Analysis of data
- Oct. 11: Fall Break - continue to work on typing up your work.
- Oct. 18: Typing up your pages
- Oct. 25: Finalizing your pages
- Nov. 1: Poster assembly
- Nov. 8: Poster assembly
- Nov. 15: WEB SCIENCE FAIR